Farming is a way of life, providing the food that we all need to eat and maintaining important skills, traditions and jobs. West Town Farm is an organic farm produing pasture fed beef from our 120 cattle that we have here. We also have some outdoor pigs and sheep. So we have beef, pork and lamb available from our farm shop as well as potatoes, apples, squash and pumpkins.
We’re part of the Environmental Stewardship scheme, which provides government support for managing this traditional mixed farm in order to protect wildlife. It also supports educational access as we believe that everyone should be able to enjoy the countryside and understand farming.
- 150 funded educational visits
- over 5000 visitors a year
- weekly sessions in the organicARTS pottery and Community Garden
- pasture fed cattle
- public access through farm trails
- great events for the community
- sowing to encourage wild birds
- creative workshops using home grown resources
- birthday parties for young and old
- conferences, presentations and awaydays
- projects with housing associations, children’s centres, schools, community groups of all ages
- fireside cooking of seasonal produce with Love Local Food