Now ..Find out some of great things that happen now ...
- 150 funded educational visits
- over 5000 visitors a year
- weekly sessions in the organicARTS pottery and Community Garden
- pasture fed cattle
- public access through farm trails
- great events for the community
- sowing to encourage wild birds
- creative workshops using home grown resources
- birthday parties for young and old
- conferences, presentations and awaydays
- projects with housing associations, children’s centres, schools, community groups of all ages
- fireside cooking of seasonal produce with Love Local Food
.. and in the future
There are so many possibilities for West Town Farm. We will be presenting these as part of the Business Plan however here are some of them. Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your own ideas!
In the Farm yard ..
The Farm Yard has seen many changes over the years from horses to tractors and from dairy to beef. Recently the Environmental Stewardship scheme has helped fund the creation of a classroom space and visitor facilities.
- an improved barn for events
- converted buildings for offices and meetings,
- workshop spaces
- a teaching kitchen
In the woodland ..What we are thinking of for the future of the woodland?
- coppice management
- woodland camps
- green wood working
- nature trails
- forest school
Out on the farm ..
The fields shows a tapestry of land use and wildlife. Grazing by beef cattle benefits species diversity, so our Environmental Stewardship agreement helps us optimise the amount of grazing and the planting of crops.What we are thinking of for the future of the farmland?
- community planting and harvesting
- supporting new entrants to farming
- widening the educational program